How Common Is Heart Failure?
Written by: Linda Minton | Last reviewed: November 2019
- Dharmarajan K, Rich MW. Epidemiology, Pathophysiology, and Prognosis of Heart Failure in Older Adults. Heart Fail Clin. 2017;13:417-426. Accessed 8/15/19
- Heart Failure Fact Sheet. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fs_heart_failure.htm. Accessed 8/15/19
- Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics-2019 At-a-Glance. American Heart Association. Available at: https://healthmetrics.heart.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/At-A-Glance-Heart-Disease-and-Stroke-Statistics-%E2%80%93-2019.pdf. Accessed 8/15/19
- Yancy CW, Jessup M, Bozkurt B, et al; American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines. Circulation. 2013;128:e240-327.
- Heart Failure Statistics. Emory Health Care. Available at: https://www.emoryhealthcare.org/heart-vascular/wellness/heart-failure-statistics.html. Accessed 8/15/19