What Are Alternative Therapies for Heart Failure?
Written by: Linda Minton | Last reviewed: November 2019
- Vogel JHK, Bolling SF, Costello RB. Integrating Complementary Medicine Into Cardiovascular Medicine. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Jul, 46 (1) 184-221.
- Miller KL, Liebowitz RS, Newby LK. Complementary and alternative medicine in cardiovascular disease: a review of biologically based approaches. Am Heart J. 2004 Mar;147(3):401-11.
- Wellness & Holistic Therapies. Cleveland Clinic. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/17106-wellness--holistic-therapies. Accessed 10/20/19.
- Grant SJ, Bin YS, Kiat H, Chang DH. The use of complementary and alternative medicine by people with cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:299. Published 2012 Apr 26. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-12-299.
- Heart failure. St. Lukes Hospital. Available at: https://www.stlukes-stl.com/health-content/medicine/33/000039.htm. Accessed 10/20/19.
- Prasad K et al. Use of Complementary Therapies in Cardiovascular Disease. American Journal of Cardiology, Volume 111, Issue 3, 339 - 345.
- Yancy CW, Jessup M, Bozkurt B, et al; American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. 2013
- Wheeler RB. Alternative Medicine for Heart Disease. Everyday Health. Available at: https://www.everydayhealth.com/alternative-health/treatment-regimens/heart-health-and-alternative-therapies.aspx.
- Marijuana and heart health: What you need to know. Harvard Health. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/marijuana-and-heart-health-what-you-need-to-know. Accessed 10/20/19.
- CBD for Heart Disease: Benefits, Side Effects, and Treatment. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-for-heart-disease#takeaway. Accessed 10/21/19.
- Heart Failure and CBD – CFN Media. Globe Newswire. Available at: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/02/20/1738445/0/en/Heart-Failure-and-CBD-CFN-Media.html?print=1. Accessed 10/21/19.